LPRA AGM 24TH MAY 2016
The date for this year’s LPRA AGM has been set for Tuesday 24th May 2016 between 14:00 and 16:00 at The Innovation Farm, CM22 7QU United Kingdom.
We would like to invite nominations for new LPRA Council Members, there are usually 4 or 5 meetings held each year at The Innovation Farm, UK (close to Stansted Airport and with direct train links to Liverpool Street Station in the City of London).
Most Council Members attend the meetings in person, however, it is perfectly acceptable to participate via Skype or FaceTime.
The deadline for Council Member nominations is close of business on Monday 4th April 2016.
Shortly after that all members will be sent the Agenda, together with all relevant voting forms.
The following is a brief summary of the basis and operation of the LPRA Council:
- If a Director or their supporting Company ceases to be a fully paid up member of the LPRA that Director is required to resign in line with the LPRA Articles of Association.
- At the AGM, one third of the Directors, in rotation, are required to resign their Directorships but are allowed to seek re-election as long as they/their Company remain fully paid up members.
- At the AGM each member is granted one vote for or against the reappointment of each resigning Director who has put their name forward for re-election.
- The Directors of the LPRA delegate the day-to-day running of the Association to a Council consisting of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10 members, elected at the AGM by the Association members.
- In preparation for the AGM, the Directors seek nominations for candidates for election to the LPRA Council from fully paid up members.
- At the AGM, each LPRA member is granted one vote for or against each candidate. The secretariat counts the votes and publishes the names of the successful candidates. Votes can be cast either in person at the AGM or by mail/email, to be received by the secretariat by close of business on the day before the AGM, using the designated form in line with the LPRA Articles of Association.
- The members of the LPRA Council elect from their number a Chairman and a Vice Chairman to run the Council meetings.
- The Board of Directors at their discretion may offer Directorships to any eligible Council members in line with the LPRA Articles of Association and the UK Companies Act 2006.
Please do not hesitate to contact The Secretariat if you have any questions about the AGM.